The winter months are almost over and now it is time for you to prepare for spring and summer. Our team at the Stanley Insurance agency knows that you can benefit from some of these spring cleaning tips to protect your home.
1. Change the air filters in your HVAC unit – Changing the air filter in your HVAC unit can extend the life of your system, maintain healthy air quality, and keep energy costs down.
2. Change the batteries in your smoke and carbon monoxide detectors – The batteries in your smoke and carbon monoxide detectors should be changed every six months. Be sure to do this to protect your home and family.
3. Clean your dryer hose – Every 6 months you should inspect your dryer hose for lint and other debris. Clogged dryer vent hoses are one of the leading causes of house fires.
4. Clean your gutters and downspouts – As we move into the rainy season you should consider getting your gutters cleaned. Cleaning your gutters can help prevent damage to your home from water.
5. Check the roof and walls – Winter weather can be harsh on roofs and sidings. Check for missing shingles, a leak in your roof, holes in your siding, and areas on your home where critters may have tried to escape the cold.
Contact our team for Home Insurance Quotes
If you have existing home insurance and have been with the same provider for a period of time, chances are you are not getting the best deal possible. Most insurance agencies won’t contact you when there are new discounts available. Be sure to check your insurance policy and contact our experts for a great quote on homeowners insurance.