This is the third part of a four part series of safety tips we will be posting to help new and experienced drivers be safe on the roads.
11. Slow Down for Yellow Lights – Many drivers speed up to get through yellow lights, it is important to respect the light. Slowing down at yellow lights will ensure you have plenty of time to stop at the upcoming red light.
12. Don’t Drive Under the Influence of Drugs or Alcohol – It is very important that you never operate a vehicle if you have been drinking alcohol or are taking prescription or non-prescription drugs as they can impair your judgement.
13. Yield – If you are at an intersection, you should always yield the right of way to the proper vehicles. You should also pay attention to other drivers when you have to right of way to avoid any accidents if they are not yielding to you.
14. Avoid Distractions – While you should definitely avoid text messaging, you should also try to stay way from changing CDs, eating, using the phone, or interacting with passengers while driving.
15. Share the Road – Do not forget that there are a lot of other drivers on the road and you should respectfully share the road with them.